- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is Lucknow’s primary airport with good connectivity to various cities across India, such as Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara, Bangalore, and Patna, through domestic airlines like Vistara, GoAir, Air India, Jet Airways, and IndiGo.
- It also connects to international cities such as Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, Muscat, and Singapore via Air India Express, Oman Air, Saudi, TigerAir, and Flydubai.
- Tourists from other cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, or Hyderabad, can reach the international airports and board a connecting flight to Lucknow.
Nearest Airport: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is 13.4 km from the central part of Lucknow city.
Safety Suggestion: At times, Lucknow is encircled by heavy fog during winter, which may cause a delay in flight schedules due to bad weather conditions. Other than this, no unfavorable weather conditions might affect the flight schedules.
- The main railway stations in Lucknow are Lucknow Charbagh Railway Station and Lucknow Junction Railway Station. Both stations have good connectivity to several cities, such as Bangalore, Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, and Jaisalmer.
- Several high-speed trains, including Howrah-Jaisalmer Superfast Express, Lucknow Rajdhani Express, Lucknow-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Lucknow Chandigarh Express, Lucknow-Yesvantpur Superfast, Varuna Express, and many more, serve these stations.
- Lucknow is well-connected through an efficient network of national and state highways to cities and towns like Delhi, Jaipur, Dehradun, Allahabad, and Varanasi, across the state and the country.
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) in Alambagh is the city’s main bus terminal.
- Uttar Pradesh State Transport Corporation administers most buses (UPSRTC). Private bus services, like AG Holidays, Rana Motors Tour And Travels, Yadav Travels, E Bus India, VS Tours, and Daily Transport Service, are also available.
Journey Suggestion: Although the highways and roads that lead to Lucknow are in good condition, you should be prepared for traffic jams on the Saharanpur-Lucknow route.